New module for running statistics calculations

Hi all,

I've just added a new module to GSL for running (or online) statistics - ie: computing the mean, variance, standard deviation, skewness, kurtosis, median, and arbitrary percentiles on the fly with a single pass algorithm, without needing to store the whole dataset in memory at once.

The mean, variance, standard deviation, skew and kurtosis are exact computations. The median and p-quantile algorithm provides an approximation to the actual quantile, using the algorithm of:

R. Jain and I. Chlamtac, The P^2 algorithm for dynamic calculation of quantiles and
        histograms without storing observations, Communications of the ACM,
        Volume 28 (October), Number 10, 1985, p. 1076-1085.

It is now in the 'master' branch on the git and documented. I'll add an example program a little later this week. Any feedback is welcome.

Patrick