Re: where are xyplot and xyps

Hugo Graumann wrote:
Hello. Thanks for this very fine mathematical library.

As an exercise in learning gsl I have been working my
through all the examples in the reference manual.

Wow, that's great - I wish everyone did that!

I am having trouble duplicating your graphs in the simulated
annealing chapter. The problem lies with the auxiliary programs
xyplot and xyps. Where do these come from? Googling around
gives several candidates for xyplot and not really any candidates
for xyps.

I don't know what has happened to those programs. I am pretty sure you can get similar output from GNU plotutils though, maybe with some minor modifications to the data: http://directory.fsf.org/plotutils.html

--
Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd,
Publishing the GSL Manual - http://www.network-theory.co.uk/gsl/manual/