Re: GNU

If you use it in-house--do what you want. The GPL FAQ makes this fairly clear. See http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLRequireSourcePostedPublic

Mike H. Benton

From: Peter Christopher <pchristo@chem.utoronto.ca>
To: Jerome BENOIT <jgmbenoit@wanadoo.fr>
CC: gsl-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: GNU
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:13:22 -0500 (EST)

Hi there,

	I'm fairly confident that you are only required to distribute
the source code IF you distribute the program. So if you modify for
in-house use, I believe that you don't need to release it.

	As ALWAYS, talk to your legal council, or legal council
familiar with the GPL.

Best,Pete

> so why hide the code ?
If you invest in modifying code that gives you an edge bringing a
product or service to market, you don't want to have to give that edge
to your competitors.

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.com/