Re: how to upgrade

Celia,

Celia wrote:
I have an old version of GSL from 2001 installed on my Linux
computer,  and I
need to upgrade to the latest version.  How might I go about that,
making sure that the old files are replaced with the new completely?
Thanks.

Well there may be a better way to do this but I would suggest remove the old version and then installing a new version from scratch.

How you do this depends on how you installed it.

If you used a package management system (like rpm) remove it with that
tool and then install the new version.

If you compiled from source you can try:
$ make uninstall
to remove the package and then install again.  You can then poke around
in /usr/local (which is the default install location) to assure yourself
of the removal of all the files.

I hope that helps,

Grant.
--