Re: erroneous claim at sources.redhat.com/gsl/ref/gsl-ref_4.html#SEC32

Hi!

I could not believe that, but it's true and a nice logic training:

x2=x*x;
x3=x2*x;
x5=x3*x2;
x15=x5*x5*x5;
with 5 * symbols

instead of:

x2=x*x;
x4=x2*x2;
x8=x4*x4;
x15=x8*x4*x2*x;
here: 6 * symbols.

Keith, do you have a simple approach to the more efficient algorithm, that
seems to base on a factorization ( 15=5*3 ).

Achim