Re: cygwin (forwarded message from Brian Gough)

* Brian Gough writes:

> From: Brian Gough <bjg@network-theory.co.uk>
> Subject: RE: [Bug-gsl] installation problems under Cygwin
> To: "David Wilson" <dbwilson@microsoft.com>
> cc: bug-gsl@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 17:40:46 +0100

> David Wilson writes:
>> Hi,
>> If it's possible to compile GSL with gcc under Windows by some other means (other than under Cygwin if that's the problem), I'd be happy to give it a try.
>> David
>>

> Today I tried out the latest precompiled version of gsl-1.3 that is
> available from the Cygwin site (through the automatic Cygwin
> installer).  It worked ok for me, so I would recommend using that if
> compiling from source does not work.

> According to a note in the package README file by the cygwin
> maintainer it builds without any changes on Cygwin (but maybe he has a
> special setup).

For all it's worth - it builds right out of the box. The only problem I
found was that using the '-mfpamth=sse -msse' options will cause
problems (on a pentium3), otherwise ./configure && make && make install
does the trick.

--
Space - the final frontier