Re: Proposal for new functions for matrix manipulation.

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 02:00:19PM -0500, Martin Jansche wrote:

> I compiled your file using
>
>   gcc -S -O2 -DHAVE_INLINE -fverbose-asm t.c
You are right ofcourse, I forgot to inline. Althought, this might be
sometimes problematic.

> and the assembly output looks exactly as you'd want it.  If that's
> not an option for you, couldn't you say
>
>   double *elem = gsl_matrix_ptr(M, i, j);
>   *elem += add;
>
> in you C source?

I can, just that this is a way around, and I thougt it might have sence
to provide the straight one.

I know that it isn't very important issue. It just came to my mind, that
this is probablly so commonly used operation that it could be provided
by library.

Take Care

ld
--
Ɓukasz Dobrek
   An optimist believes that we live in the best of all possible worlds.