Re: Guile bindings for GSL and LAPACK

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 05:59:57PM +0400, Wartan Hachaturow wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 03:30:12PM +0200, Arno Peters wrote:
>
> > bindings have been tested against Guile 1.4 and GSL 1.2; they were
> > produced by using SWIG 1.3.
>
> Hm. BTW, why can't we produce Python bindings using swig? If I
> understand right, pygsl is being written by hands?

I'm sure you could.  My focus has been, and still is, producing
bindings for Guile.  This means I have written some functions to ease
the integration between GSL and Guile.  These functions would have to
be rewritten to the Python interface.  However, anybody is free to use
my work as a basis to produce bindings for Python.  Provided of course
they adhere to the boundaries set forth in the GNU GPL.

Greetings,
--
Arno