This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GSL project.
Re: order of eigenvalues
- From: Brian Gough <bjg at network-theory dot co dot uk>
- To: rajarshi at presidency dot com
- Cc: gsl-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 23:07:04 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: order of eigenvalues
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Rajarshi Guha writes:
> I'm using gsl_eigen_symm to calculate eigenvalues of a matrix.
> The manual mentions that the eigen values calculated are
> unordered. Does this mean that if eval is the vector containing the
> resultant eigenvalues, and a is the matrix , then the following is
> eval == b eval == b
> etc, where b is the diagonalized form of a
Probably but I couldn't guarantee it. You'd have to check the source
and see if the algorithm performs any permutations.