Re: odeiv_evolve_apply returns final value different than input

James writes:
 > I'm trying to get evenly spaced samples from the adaptive step side
 > integrator as suggested in the manual.  however, the value t returned
 > from gsl_odeiv_evolve_apply as the final value is 1x10-18 less than ti.
 >  I've developed an inelegant workaround but was wondering why this was
 > happening?  Is this a problem of different sized doubles?

It could be due to extended precsion, running the program with
GSL_IEEE_MODE=double-precision would show whether that was the case or
not.

Alternatively set a breakpoint in ode-initval/evolve.c and see what
happens to the variables 't' and 'final_step'.

Brian