ODEs - runge kutta

hello,

i am currently trying to numerically solve the lane-emden equation, which is
a 2nd order differential equation, and experience has shown that the 4th
order runge kutta is the best way to solve this.

i was interrested in using the GSL for solving this problem, although the
examples section for ODE's scared me too much... must i really define so
much, (jacobians and so forth), is there not a way in which i can just send
my function, parameter (which actually is the time) and time step length to
a library and let it do all the work? does anyone have a simple example i
can follow so that i can use this library for this task? teh one in the
documenattion seems to be too crypic, and tries to do too much for my
needs...

please respond to me at
plendily at hotmail dot com
as i am not subscribed to this list,
thanks!

cheers,
Sam
---
"Anyone can play guitar", Radiohead, 1993