Re: fft.texi, cheb.texi

Sean Harbour writes:
 >  1. --
 >  I noticed that the example in the file "doc/fft.texi" contains
 > references to an undefined variable "z", should this be "data"
 > (first few lines).
 >  2. --
 >  Also, in the example in file "doc/cheb.texi"
 >  The step size is a power of 10 and doesn't have an exact binary
 > representation.  "0.00125" may be better (at least give it a
 > fighting chance) or similar -- people will use this as reference
 > code.

Thanks, now updated.

 >  3. --
 >  Again in "doc/cheb.texi" "order" is used where I would expect
 > "degree" to be used, and "term" where I would expect "order" to be
 > used.  That is, the usual relationship between degree and order is
 > that "order = degree+1" (as in a polynomial of degree 2 has order
 > 3, a quadratic).

I've corrected one place that was clearly wrong but I'll let the
original author look at the others.  I think the order refers to the
highest chebshev polynomial in the sum T0(x) == zeroth order approx,
T1(x) == first order approx, T2(x) == second order approx.  Maybe that
is physicist's lingo so it didn't seem odd to me.

regards
Brian Gough