Re: Can't get equations in compile time for multidimensional root finding.

pschen writes:
 >      It seems that I must get equations in compile time and run the
 >      multidimensional root finding solver. If the equations will be
 >      get at runtime, how can I run the multidimensional root
 >      finding solver?  How to write the program?  Anyone occur this
 >      problem?  Thanks very much.

You can use the void * params argument to pass a pointer to the
runtime representation of your equations and evaluate it.

I believe the program 'NumExp' listed on the GSL web page
http://sources.redhat.com/gsl/ does this for 1-d equations.

regards
Brian Gough