Re: build problems on IBM AIX machine

Charlie Zender writes:
 > I tried to build gsl-0.9 on the IBM AIX with the native xlc compiler.
 > ..
 > With these options, the compiling seemed to go well until I began
 > to see error messages related to the naming of libraries and object
 > modules. Libraries had suffixes like .al or .la (rather than .a)
 > and object files had suffixes like .lo (rather than .o), e.g.,

Thanks for the bug report.

First question, does it work with gcc?  If so, then I would say it is
a libtool bug w.r.t xlc.

You could try the latest version of libtool and see if that fixes the
problem.  You will need to get the gsl sources from CVS and run
./autogen.sh with the new libtool.  If it still does not work then

Brian