Re: Compile error

Brian Gough wrote:

> I'm not familiar with cygwin myself so I have CC'ed this reply to the
> list to see if anyone there can help.  Maybe the problem with using
> '\' for continuation lines in the preprocessor is related to the
> difference between DOS/UNIX end-of-line characters???? This is just a
> guess.

I've encountered this problem in the opposite direction, i.e. trying to
build CRLF srcs on an OS/2 HPFS partition with Linux gcc. If Kamel is
building the tarball, the srcs likely still have NL instead of the CRLF
line endings CPP probably expects on Windows. I would suggest trying
CVS, which automatically converts them for the client, or running the
tarball srcs through a conversion utility. info-zip, which is available
for Win32, has conversion flags that make it easy to convert entire src
trees simply by zipping and unzipping. Or single directories can be
converted with:

perl -i.bak -perl *.*

h~