Re: C++ wrapper

Hi,

Ivo Kwee writes:
 > I am thinking to start coding up a simple (?) C++ wrapper providing
 > operator overloading etc. Why has no one started this yet?

Lack of resources, mainly.  There is also the question of whether it
is better to spend your time wrapping a C library, or writing a new
C++ library from scratch -- taking full advantage of the features of
the language. (I think there was an earlier thread on the mailing list
which discussed this somewhere).

 > Anyway, I would be OK to code something up but I need some ready
 > established interface specification.

My personal opinion: Rogue Wave's Math.h++ is an established
commercial API.  I think that it is the main commercial C++ numerical
library on the market.  I wouldn't make great claims for its design,
but they have continued to sell it for a long time -- so there must be
some demand for that sort of thing.  It is worth looking at, if
nothing else, from that point of view.

I once started doing something like that, a long time ago, which you
can see here: http://www.network-theory.clara.co.uk/gslrw.tar.gz

regards
Brian