Re: C++ wrapper

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Ivo Kwee wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> GSL is a great library but math-intensive code in C++ is rather
> unreadable using the standard C-namings.
>
> I am thinking to start coding up a simple (?) C++ wrapper providing
> operator overloading etc. Why has no one started this yet? Anyway, I
> would be OK to code something up but I need some ready established
> interface specification.
>
> Earlier, SVMT has been mentioned. Is this the "best" one to go for?
> Anyone knows "better" or more "accepted" standards? I was thinking
> myself if MatLab-like conventions would be better, but they are not
> really OO style. Suggestions?

I haven't used it myself, but I believe that Octave comes with C++
wrappers around a bunch of numerical libraries.  Mostly linear algebra,
I'd guess, but there should be some others.   I'd be interested in
comments from folks that have looked into using this in their own C++
programs (as opposed to using octave proper).

-S