Re: fundamental constants

Thomas Walter writes:
 > The physical constants I have from the net, they must be
 > consistent.  I had a look at the referenced 'astroconstants'.  For
 > my taste, the names are too short, they are {\bf not} self-explaining.
 > And I prefer having the unit and symbol (tex notation) as comment too.
 > For the URL:
 >
 > http://physics.nist.gov/PhysRefData/codata86/codata86.html
 >
 > You need a browser supporting tables and java or something. 'lynx'
 > does not work.

Yes, it's unfortunate that they don't supply the constants in ASCII
although according to the email I got from them they plan to do that.
I tried extracting the values from the postscript files using ps2ascii
but the results were not clean enough to make it worthwhile for the
whole set of data, which is fairly large.