open source, open science conference

Dudes,

I will probably be going to the "Open Source, Open Science" conference
(http://openscience.bnl.gov/) organized by Stephen Adler at Brookhaven
on October 2nd (I'd never travel just for it -- I'm scared of flying,
but I will probably already be in New York at that time).

I mentioned to Stephen that I found the conference seemed to be all
about visualization rather than numerical analysis, and he apologized
for it, saying that he did not know about our efforts.

He said the speaker schedule was full (of people from SGI and users of
OpenGL ... I know, OpenGL is not free software ...), but he would give
me a slot if a speaker cancels, and would in any case love to see a
poster session, even though he thinks it is not a good enough of a
forum for GSL.

On top of that, they will be having a panel for discussion of NSF, DOE
and Brookhaven support for free software, and he wants to find out
from me what's up in this department in Los Alamos.

So here are my questions for y'all:

1. I need to prepare a poster, which I would like to submit in the
   name of the entire development team.  I need to collect ideas from
   y'all on what should be in it.

2. I might also give a talk, if a slot opens up.  It would presumably
   be on the lines of what the poster presents, but do you have any
   ideas on what should be presented differently in a talk rather than
   a poster?

3. I'd also like to collect ideas on "should the government labs
   endorse free software licensing".  I obviously have many ideas
   myself, but I'd like to hear new ones, or reinforcement of the
   ideas I already have.