This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GNATS project.
Announcing gnatsweb 2.6
- To: bug-gnats at gnu dot org, gnats-announce at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Announcing gnatsweb 2.6
- From: "Kenneth H. Cox" <kenstir at senteinc dot com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 23:42:40 -0500 (EST)
Is it just me or is anyone else thinking they could use a real relational
database for bug tracking? Particularly for operations like:
a. assigning all of Joe's open bugs to Jane
b. querying how many open bugs, per developer, etc.
Anyway, I'm still occasionally hacking on gnatsweb, and I made a new
release. You can get the latest gnatsweb release at:
Here is what has changed since 2.5 (from the ChangeLog):
1999-11-30 Kenneth H. Cox <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Enhancement: If user does not have cookies enabled, they now get
a warning on the Login page. Previously, you would have to submit
the login page before you got the warning, then you would have to
1999-11-27 Kenneth H. Cox <email@example.com>
* Enhancement: If DEFAULT_RELEASE is set in the gnats config file,
then it is now used as the default value in new PR's.
Patch by Brian Cameron <Brian.Cameron@Eng.Sun.COM>.
* Bug fix: In "send email" link, include GNATS_ADDR.
Patch by Jason Molenda <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
* Enhancement: Reversed the default sort, so that new PR's appear
before older ones. Added some more debug prints.
Patch by Tim Riker <TimR@CalderaSystems.com>.
1999-11-18 Kenneth H. Cox <email@example.com>
* New features: Now the site_callback can
- supply default values for various things until they are
specified and stored in the user's cookies: Reporter's
email...(more coming?). This facilitates that first PR for new
- print new buttons at top+bottome of main page.
- print stuff at the top of individual fields on the sendpr and
See gnatsweb-site-sente.pl for examples.
* Bug fix: The default list of columns displayed for a query was
empty; now it isn't. You can still get the empty list if you
explicitly turn off all columns.
========== gnatsweb 2.6 beta2 released ===================================
1999-11-17 Kenneth H. Cox <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* New feature: Now all links and forms contain the database param,
so that you can keep multiple databases open in multiple browser
========== gnatsweb 2.6 beta released ===================================
1999-11-14 Kenneth H. Cox <email@example.com>
* New feature? Cookies are now stored with path=/. I don't know
if this'll help IE users or not; I actually did it to share
cookies between my test web and my main web. You should still be
able to get to your stored queries, and even delete them.
* New feature: If you follow a URL such as
and you are forced to login, then after logging in you will be
redirected to the requested age. I tried doing this with a
redirect but that didn't work; had to use a somewhat ugly
zero-delay refresh. If you can figure that out I'd be grateful.
* New feature: Split cookies into a global cookie (column
preference and email addr) and a db-specific cookie. That way you
don't have to keep typing in different passwords if you change
* Code reorg: Cleaned up the main proc especially w.r.t. the
cookie-setting stuff. Now all of the preference settings happen
at once, and there is only one 'switch' over all of the commands.
However, if you don't have cookies enabled I probably broke the
detection of this error.
1999-11-13 Kenneth H. Cox <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* New feature: Added a button to delete stored queries.
Patch by Robert Lupton the Good <email@example.com>.
* Bug fix (get_mailto_link): MSIE users need special handling in
the mailto: link.
Patch by <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Kenneth H. Cox