make install problem

I compile glibc (any version) evrything compiles, I do make check,
the check is fine. I do make install, and instead of just installing
what has been compiled and checked, the makefiles recompile almost
every library which has already been made and checked before doing the
actual installation.

This has happened with every glibc. It is extremely annoying given
than my machine is very slow and increases my compile/install time
significantly.

Is this intentional? If so, Why?