Re: Newbie

On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, Joe Moore wrote:

> I hate to post absolute newbie topics on any list, but I
> can't figure out any of the commands that correspond to the
> dos-based interrupts. Also, (since the obvious 'dos.h' and
> 'bios.h' headers do not exist for linux) what headers
> contain the kbhit() and delay() functions from win* c++, or
> what are the corresponding functions in linux?

In general, system-dependent headers under Linux will be found
in /usr/include/linux, which is actually a symbolic link to the
linux kernel tree, usually /usr/src/linux/include/linux.

I have a little script called "find_symbol" which may be helpful
for this sort of issue.  It reads as follows:

  #!/bin/sh

  for dir in /usr/include /usr/include/sys /usr/include/asm \
    /usr/include/linux ; do
      grep $1 $dir/*
  done

Trying this on the examples you give shows that (a) you might
look at /usr/include/asm/delay.h for delay, and (b) that "khbit"
does not seem to be known to linux.

Allin Cottrell.