This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged
- To: Robert Siemer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged
- From: Andreas Jaeger <email@example.com>
- Date: 30 May 1999 22:29:06 +0200
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <Pine.LNX.3.96.990530210900.9072Bemail@example.com>
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
>>>>> Robert Siemer writes:
Robert> On Sat, 29 May 1999, Ronald de Man wrote:
Robert> Robert Siemer:
>> > If I build libc6-programs, on startup they present me the following line:
>> > Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged
>> It's just saying that the program you're trying to start hasn't been
>> translated to the language that's set in your LANG environment variable.
Robert> I don't have set any "LANG" environment:
Robert> siemer@panorama:/usr/home/siemer > set | grep LANG
Robert> siemer@panorama:/usr/home/siemer >
Are you're using one of the LC_* environment variables instead?
If this isn't the case, try to build a really small program and use
Andreas Jaeger email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
for pgp-key finger email@example.com