Re: Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged

Robert> Re!
Robert> On Sat, 29 May 1999, Ronald de Man wrote:

Robert> Robert Siemer:
>> > If I build libc6-programs, on startup they present me the following line:
>> >
>> > Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged

>> It's just saying that the program you're trying to start hasn't been
>> translated to the language that's set in your LANG environment variable.

Robert> I don't have set any "LANG" environment:

Robert> siemer@panorama:/usr/home/siemer > set | grep LANG
Robert> siemer@panorama:/usr/home/siemer >

Are you're using one of the LC_* environment variables instead?

If this isn't the  case, try to build a really small program and use
strace/ltrace/gdb.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de