This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug nptl/25158] warning when using non-thread-safe functions
- From: "fweimer at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 16:20:49 +0000
- Subject: [Bug nptl/25158] warning when using non-thread-safe functions
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #5 from Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com> ---
The glibc manual annotations are not useful for use in a tool because they are
based on the implementation, not the intended properties of the interface.
There is also an unresolved ambiguity regarding what thread safety means for
function that updates objects whose address has been passed as parameters. In
the past, some of functions which only operate on their arguments have been
considered as not thread-safe. I don't think this particular approach to thread
safety is useful.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.