This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug nptl/25158] New: warning when using non-thread-safe functions
- From: "tromey at sourceware dot org" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2019 02:10:00 +0000
- Subject: [Bug nptl/25158] New: warning when using non-thread-safe functions
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
Bug ID: 25158
Summary: warning when using non-thread-safe functions
Assignee: unassigned at sourceware dot org
Reporter: tromey at sourceware dot org
CC: drepper.fsp at gmail dot com
Target Milestone: ---
We're converting gdb to use threads, and while doing so we're
finding that gdb uses a variety of functions which are
not thread-safe, for example strtok.
I noticed that linking will give a warning when trying to
use some functions like mktemp, and I wondered it if would
be possible to extend this method to warn about the use of
non-thread-safe functions when -lpthread is used. This way,
we could be sure that not only gdb but also supporting
libraries in the tree have been updated.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.