This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug nptl/22337] pthread_join incorrectly fails for a detached running thread
- From: "fweimer at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 11:41:50 +0000
- Subject: [Bug nptl/22337] pthread_join incorrectly fails for a detached running thread
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #6 from Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com> ---
(In reply to Andreas Schwab from comment #5)
> Please read the rational. It clearly says that pthread_detach dynamically
> detaches the thread, like PTHREAD_CREATE_DETACHED does at creation time.
Do you mean the rationale section for pthread_detach? It only discusses
freeing resources. It does not describe how the joinable/detached state of the
thread is impacted by pthread_detach.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.