This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug dynamic-link/22238] NULL pointer dereference in dlopen on out-of-memory
- From: "carlos at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2017 22:22:00 +0000
- Subject: [Bug dynamic-link/22238] NULL pointer dereference in dlopen on out-of-memory
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #7 from Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com> ---
(In reply to Florian Weimer from comment #3)
> decompose_rpath has this:
> fillin_rpath (copy, result, ":", 0, what, where, l);
> /* Free the copied RPATH string. `fillin_rpath' make own copies if
> necessary. */
> free (copy);
> Other callers of fillin_rpath also have local allocations that they need to
> So we can throw from from fillin_rpath without introducing a memory leak. I
> expect it will be easier to make fillin_rpath to return an error code than
> to change the callers to catch and reraise the exception.
I didn't notice that in my review. Good catch.
In which case we need to clean this up even more, but not much, there aren't
many users of fillin_rpath.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.