This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug math/21047] arm: fpu_control.h: _FPU_GETCW/_FPU_SETCW is rejected by clang
- From: "joseph at codesourcery dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 17:59:26 +0000
- Subject: [Bug math/21047] arm: fpu_control.h: _FPU_GETCW/_FPU_SETCW is rejected by clang
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #5 from joseph at codesourcery dot com <joseph at codesourcery dot com> ---
There is a clear case for the assembler to accept these coprocessor names
for these instructions, or otherwise provide syntax that inline asm can
use to access them, with register etc. operands substituted in, without
requiring VFP support at assembly time and without marking objects as
using VFP. It just so happens that the clang assembler is missing this
feature (which you can consider a feature of the GNU assembler language
for ARM that's outside the ARM-defined language, if you wish) required for
building glibc for ARM. I don't know if it has an alternative syntax for
that purpose of building code with runtime-conditional uses of VFP, but
for using the installed header adding an alternative using the VFP names
for !__SOFTFP__ would suffice if someone wishes to implement that.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.