This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug nptl/19578] Bind lock and condition variable to share memory address (share between processes)
- From: "dimaqq at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 12:29:46 +0000
- Subject: [Bug nptl/19578] Bind lock and condition variable to share memory address (share between processes)
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #2 from Dima Tisnek <dimaqq at gmail dot com> ---
What I was looking for was using same condition variable from two processes
that don't have a parent-child relationship.
There's a solution at http://stackoverflow.com/a/35511763/705086 that uses
pthread_xxx primitives with PTHREAD_PROCESS_SHARED flag on a mmap()ed region.
I was hoping to use futex primitives more directly, but sheer number of corner
cases makes that impractical.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.