This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug locale/21036] New: Missing overflow checks in localedef reading numbers
- From: "jsm28 at gcc dot gnu.org" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 00:59:36 +0000
- Subject: [Bug locale/21036] New: Missing overflow checks in localedef reading numbers
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
Bug ID: 21036
Summary: Missing overflow checks in localedef reading numbers
Assignee: unassigned at sourceware dot org
Reporter: jsm28 at gcc dot gnu.org
Target Milestone: ---
locale/programs/linereader.c has the code:
while (isdigit (ch = lr_getc (lr)))
lr->token.val.num *= 10;
lr->token.val.num += ch - '0';
There is no check for the multiplication or addition overflowing unsigned long
int (the type of num). Then, when such tokens are used later, the value is
often stored in smaller fields, again without checks for overflow.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.