This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug dynamic-link/20019] NULL pointer dereference in libc.so.6 IFUNC due to uninitialized GOT
- From: "hjl.tools at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 16:52:36 +0000
- Subject: [Bug dynamic-link/20019] NULL pointer dereference in libc.so.6 IFUNC due to uninitialized GOT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #16 from H.J. Lu <hjl.tools at gmail dot com> ---
(In reply to Carlos O'Donell from comment #15)
> (In reply to email@example.com from comment #14)
> > Summary of changes:
> > ChangeLog | 7 +++++++
> > sysdeps/i386/dl-machine.h | 18 +++++++++++++++++-
> > sysdeps/x86_64/dl-machine.h | 18 +++++++++++++++++-
> > 3 files changed, 41 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
> I think the semantics are equivalent for all arches and therefore this needs
> fixing across all arches that have IFUNC support.
> If you close this issue out, please open a new bug to fix the other arches,
> and retitle this one for x86 only.
This patch only addresses the x86 specific IFUNC implementation within
glibc. It doesn't cover IFUNC issue outside of libc.so. IFUNC can still fail
on all arches outside of libc.so. I think it is OK to mark it x86 specific
and close it.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.