This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug dynamic-link/20019] NULL pointer dereference in libc.so.6 IFUNC due to uninitialized GOT
- From: "hjl.tools at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 17:21:15 +0000
- Subject: [Bug dynamic-link/20019] NULL pointer dereference in libc.so.6 IFUNC due to uninitialized GOT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #9 from H.J. Lu <hjl.tools at gmail dot com> ---
(In reply to Florian Weimer from comment #8)
> I think the assumption in this patch is probably wrong: With BIND_NOW, the
> CPU feature bits are needed before __libc_start_main is called, so deferring
> initialization to this stage of process startup does not work.
The problem is that relocations in libbar.so are processed before
relocations in libc.so. My change removed:
# define INIT_ARCH() \
if (__cpu_features.kind == arch_kind_unknown) \
__init_cpu_features (); \
and assumed that relocations in libc.so are processed first.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.