This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/20544] RFE: atexit, __cxa_atexit, on_exit detect NULL function pointer argument
- From: "fweimer at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2016 14:02:02 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/20544] RFE: atexit, __cxa_atexit, on_exit detect NULL function pointer argument
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #4 from Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com> ---
(In reply to John Reiser from comment #3)
> __cxa_atexit is involved in my big app written in C++ and Python. Using
> -flto, one function pointer definitely is NULL. Obviously this is a bug;
> finding it is tedious.
If it is only about finding the culprit, a conditional breakpoint or a
Systemtap script should help here.
I don't think the code generated by GCC checks the return value of
__cxa_atexit, so an error return would not help anyway, we would have to
terminate the process.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.