This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/20422] do not allow asan/msan/tsan and fortify at the same time.
- From: "fweimer at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 14:40:40 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/20422] do not allow asan/msan/tsan and fortify at the same time.
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #5 from Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com> ---
These days, _FORTIFY_SOURCE covers additional aspects (including enhanced
compile-time type safety), not just buffer-length checking. I'm not sure what
the current expectations regarding the sanitizers are. Is it the norm to
compile twice, for production (with -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2), and for special
testing with the required sanitizer?
I'm asking this because if there is just a single compile (say with Address
Sanitizer), then I think we need to make the enhanced type safety (and other
goodies) available to sanitizer users as well.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.