This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/19239] Including stdlib.h ends up with macros major and minor being defined
- From: "ldv at sourceware dot org" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 10:49:07 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/19239] Including stdlib.h ends up with macros major and minor being defined
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #10 from Dmitry V. Levin <ldv at sourceware dot org> ---
(In reply to Dmitry V. Levin from comment #7)
> Not really a glibc problem, but a direct consequence of commit
> Autoconf macro AC_HEADER_MAJOR no longer works as expected, it fails to
> detect that makedev from sys/types.h is deprecated:
> checking whether sys/types.h defines makedev... yes
> This leads to undefined MAJOR_IN_SYSMACROS, deprecation warnings, and,
> consequently, build errors in projects that use -Werror.
OK, I changed strace to include <sys/sysmacros.h> unconditionally, but for
software portable beyond GNU/Linux there is no workaround available atm.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.