This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug manual/20524] strverscmp is inconsistent
- From: "peda at lysator dot liu.se" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 21:15:12 +0000
- Subject: [Bug manual/20524] strverscmp is inconsistent
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #8 from Peter Rosin <peda at lysator dot liu.se> ---
No, you read the history wrong, bug 9913 was first "fixed" with the
commit I pointed at previously. That commit in turn broke transitivity
when it also attempted to "Optimize size of tables", and was subsequently
fixed a few weeks later  (as a result of comment #2 from Jakub).
The real meat of the change committed for bug 9913 can be seen in the patch
in the original bug description, it is only changing a LEN to a CMP. This is
the same class of change that I'm proposing; a sort order change for
The question still stands, why was it OK to change sort order in 2009 but
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.