This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug dynamic-link/20508] _dl_runtime_resolve_avx/_dl_runtime_profile_avx512 cause transition penalty
- From: "hjl.tools at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 17:57:10 +0000
- Subject: [Bug dynamic-link/20508] _dl_runtime_resolve_avx/_dl_runtime_profile_avx512 cause transition penalty
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #2 from H.J. Lu <hjl.tools at gmail dot com> ---
(In reply to Florian Weimer from comment #1)
> I also expect that the present state of affairs makes all context switches
> slower because the kernel has to save and restore the AVX-512F state.
Context switches may not be impacted since XSAVEC and XSAVEOPT track
upper bits of vector registers. But SSE transition tracks only YMM/ZMM
load instructions, not the bits in vector registers.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.