This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug network/20477] New: incorrect double-checked locking related to _res_hconf
- From: "triegel at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 10:14:08 +0000
- Subject: [Bug network/20477] New: incorrect double-checked locking related to _res_hconf
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
Bug ID: 20477
Summary: incorrect double-checked locking related to _res_hconf
Assignee: unassigned at sourceware dot org
Reporter: triegel at redhat dot com
Target Milestone: ---
There are users of _res_hconf that try to load _res_hconf.initialized to
determine whether they can skip calling _res_hconf_init. This is incorrect
double-checked locking. They should just call _res_hconf_init all the time.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.