This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug localedata/19376] regex reports "Invalid collation character" for Syriac characters
- From: "carlos at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 16:41:50 +0000
- Subject: [Bug localedata/19376] regex reports "Invalid collation character" for Syriac characters
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-19376-131 at http dot sourceware dot org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #6 from Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com> ---
(In reply to email@example.com from comment #5)
> On Fri, 18 Dec 2015, carlos at redhat dot com wrote:
> > Well the localedata is updated as much as possible and we're on Unicode 8.0.0
> > right now for UTF-8 charsets.
> Collation, however, is much more out of date (and probably harder to
> correlate with Unicode so we can make sure we're not losing desirable
> local changes if we update it). See bug 14095.
Correct, so if it's a collation issue, likely maybe, then it would be good to
find a reproducer that shows via strlcoll the problem with Syriac characters.
Until then an english speaking developer is going to have a hard time figuring
this out, or the issue will go away once we start automating the collation data
updates also (which should be our plan).
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.