This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/13047] New: On 32 bit system (UBUNTU Natty) Cannot open a file of size 5GB
- From: "lsatenstein at yahoo dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 01:10:59 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/13047] New: On 32 bit system (UBUNTU Natty) Cannot open a file of size 5GB
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
Summary: On 32 bit system (UBUNTU Natty) Cannot open a file of
I created a large file that I truncate to 5GB via Truncate command.
I get a NULL return from fopen("bigfile","rb"); where bigfile is 5GB exactly.
It will work with smaller files 2.5GB.
Create file with
truncate -s 5GB bigfile
The function works ok on Debian Squeeze, but not on UBUNTU. (both are 32bit
versions). I have not confirmed that it works on Fedora 32bit.
fopen() works fine with 64bit linux.
Configure bugmail: http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.