This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/12872] Wrong alignment of La_x86_64_vector
- From: "drepper.fsp at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 17:10:15 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/12872] Wrong alignment of La_x86_64_vector
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #3 from Ulrich Drepper <drepper.fsp at gmail dot com> 2011-07-08 17:09:57 UTC ---
(In reply to comment #2)
> (In reply to comment #1)
> > The alignment is what it is. This is an data structure which is part of the
> > interface of . It cannot be changed. Use unaligned accesses.
> Then La_x86_64_ymm should be marked as 16byte aligned.
Why is this necessary? The La_x86_64_ymm values are never accessed directly.
They are part of La_x86_64_vector and that union (thanks to one of your
patches) is aligned to 16 bytes. This should be enough. Where exactly are the
Configure bugmail: http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.