This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/12232] setrlimit interferes with malloc
- From: "bkorb at gnu dot org" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 21:00:03 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/12232] setrlimit interferes with malloc
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #6 from Bruce Korb <bkorb at gnu dot org> 2010-11-18 20:59:44 UTC ---
Here is a theory that might explain the symptom.
Presume malloc requests 16meg on the first sbrk.
It fails because that exceeds 10meg. The address
space has been constrained to 10meg. malloc
should do a little homework before returning NULL,
especially given that this is a first call to malloc.
If that is the problem, then that is a malloc bug.
Configure bugmail: http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.