This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/10560] [PATCH] Avoid malloc deadlocks in assert() and friends
- From: "drepper at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 31 Aug 2009 11:46:17 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/10560] [PATCH] Avoid malloc deadlocks in assert() and friends
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From drepper at redhat dot com 2009-08-31 11:46 -------
The reason malloc is used is so that in case you see a core file but no console
output you know what was going on. Using the stack memory is not sufficient in
this case. The __abort_msg variable was deliberately introduced and is visible
to the debugger and other tools.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.