This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/3746] exit violates POSIX on seekable stdin
- From: "ebb9 at byu dot net" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 18 Dec 2006 20:38:01 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/3746] exit violates POSIX on seekable stdin
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From ebb9 at byu dot net 2006-12-18 20:38 -------
Please give me an example of a program that would be broken if actions
equivalent to fclose(stdin) were implicitly performed in exit() after all atexit
() handlers have completed as POSIX currently requires, and that cannot be
fixed by recompiling that program to use _exit() instead. With such a program
identified, I would be glad to use that example to help persuade the Austin
group to reword the requirements in such a way that the current glibc behavior
would be compliant, where it currently is not. If you can't do that, then I
can't see why you keep closing this report as invalid, since it really IS a
POSIX compliance bug, whether you plan on fixing it or not.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.