This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/3462] New: Malloc memory corruption when malloc(...) called
- From: "jrweave at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 6 Nov 2006 20:15:15 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/3462] New: Malloc memory corruption when malloc(...) called
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
I simple call to malloc results in the following error:
*** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x00000000005b61c0 ***
I am requesting 5750*380*8 (17,480,000) bytes of data. I am running on an
Intel Woodcrest system (em64t architecture). Many calls to malloc ask for
similar sizes of memory before this call, but none of them fail. This call
consistently fails every time.
Due to the complexity and proprietary nature of the code, I cannot send a
sample. However, it occurs exactly as described above.
Summary: Malloc memory corruption when malloc(...) called
AssignedTo: drepper at redhat dot com
ReportedBy: jrweave at gmail dot com
CC: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com,jrweave at
gmail dot com
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.