This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug math/3268] fma for all targets without hardware fma instructions is incorrect.
- From: "sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 5 Oct 2006 19:47:30 -0000
- Subject: [Bug math/3268] fma for all targets without hardware fma instructions is incorrect.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com 2006-10-05 19:47 -------
Created an attachment (id=1350)
New fma_test to verify the intermediate multiply product has full percision.
Add a new fma_test that verifies that:
"The operation fma(x,y,z) computes (x ×y )+z as if with unbounded range and
precision, rounding only once to the destination format"
This implies that for double that the 106 bit result of the multiply be passed
unrounded to the add (53 bit) and then final result found to 53 bits.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.