This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/2865] New: time/tzfile.c doesn't set timezone correctly
- From: "mdittmar at linux-ag dot de" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 29 Jun 2006 11:00:50 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/2865] New: time/tzfile.c doesn't set timezone correctly
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
method __tzfile_default in tzfile.c does not set "__use_tzfile = 0" at the end
of the method.
This leads to the problem, that the global variable "timezone" is not set
correctly if the env variable TZ is set e.g. to JKL3:10PNM4:40 (with the first
part being standard time and the second daylight saving time)
Then, timezone is set to a nonsense value of 18000 instead of the expected 11400
For a demonstration see the attached program.
Note: this bug blocks LSB conformance (LSB runtime tests T.ctime_X 1,
T.localtim_X 1, T.mktime_X 1)
Bug found in debian sarge system (libc 2.3.2) but is not yet fixed in CVS.
Summary: time/tzfile.c doesn't set timezone correctly
AssignedTo: drepper at redhat dot com
ReportedBy: mdittmar at linux-ag dot de
CC: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.