This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/2800] CP1252 usable in all locales supporting ISO-8859-1 or ISO-8859-15
- From: "leonard-glibc-bugs at ottolander dot nl" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 19 Jun 2006 15:38:47 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/2800] CP1252 usable in all locales supporting ISO-8859-1 or ISO-8859-15
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From leonard-glibc-bugs at ottolander dot nl 2006-06-19 15:38 -------
Ok, I will not compile a list of valid locales/charsets for IBM pages then :) .
I wrongly assumed the (runtime) information was taken from
/usr/share/i18n/locales and charmaps, and didn't realize they are compiled and
located in /usr/lib/locale.
(This is more of a WONTFIX by the way.)
Maybe the comment in localedata/SUPPORTED about reporting bugs to get locales
included should be changed to express this policy.
After a bit of struggling I seem to have managed to add locales using localedef.
Thanks :-) .
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.