This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/2752] New: dont redefine __attribute__ in error.h with -std=c99
- From: "vapier at gentoo dot org" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 10 Jun 2006 14:28:51 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/2752] New: dont redefine __attribute__ in error.h with -std=c99
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
we hit a neat little error with some code when including error.h and
using -std=c99 ... the question is whether this is a feature :)
take for example the attached code ... when built with -std=c99,
__STRICT_ANSI__ is defined by gcc which causes error.h to macro away the gcc
__attribute__ extension since gcc doesnt consider __attribute__ to ever be
perhaps a better idea would be to use __error_attribute__ inside of the header
so that it doesnt pollute the namespace of the code that includes it ...
Summary: dont redefine __attribute__ in error.h with -std=c99
AssignedTo: drepper at redhat dot com
ReportedBy: vapier at gentoo dot org
CC: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.