This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug nscd/489] nscd problem with multiple passwd databases
- From: "nneul at umr dot edu" <sourceware-bugzilla at sources dot redhat dot com>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 29 Apr 2005 02:08:33 -0000
- Subject: [Bug nscd/489] nscd problem with multiple passwd databases
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sources dot redhat dot com
------- Additional Comments From nneul at umr dot edu 2005-04-29 02:08 -------
Subject: Re: nscd problem with multiple passwd databases
How is a patch that negatively impacts no one other than those wishing
to use it "punishing" anyone? It's not like I even asked for the default
behavior to be changed, just to give the user the option to do it
without having to rebuild all of glibc just to get nscd changed.
On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 02:01 +0000, drepper at redhat dot com wrote:
> ------- Additional Comments From drepper at redhat dot com 2005-04-29 02:01 -------
> There is nothing wrong with the way nscd works. Your setup is broken if you
> have problems. Don't use nscd if you don't want to change it. I'm not going to
> punish everybody just because some people cannot maintain their systems correctly.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.